Summer in Virginia is not really the time to fire up the oven, but these cookies are so worth it! And here’s another cool thing — they have NO FLOUR of any kind . . .
- 1 and 1/3 cup peanut butter (use chunky if you want peanut “chips”)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 and 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 4-1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter and sugars. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- baking soda, vanilla and corn syrup. Stir in the oats (and extras)
- Form into small balls (about ping pong size) onto greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
- This recipe makes about 5 dozen.