Summer in Virginia is not really the time to fire up the oven, but these cookies are so worth it! And here’s another cool thing — they have NO FLOUR of any kind . . .
- 1 and 1/3 cup peanut butter (use chunky if you want peanut “chips”)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 and 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 4-1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter and sugars. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- baking soda, vanilla and corn syrup. Stir in the oats (and extras)
- Form into small balls (about ping pong size) onto greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
- This recipe makes about 5 dozen.
© Taste of Home 2014
Notes: you could try larger cookies, but the small ones really cook evenly and stay chewy without getting too brown on the bottom. Also, it’s definitely worth the extra expense to buy a name brand of peanut butter for this recipe.