Pizza. Ice cream. Apple pie. Lasagna. I would rather give them up than have insulin shots and kidney dialysis. . .
But I knew I would have to find a way to keep dark chocolate and coffee in my diet.
And I have (smile)
Thank you to www.sugarfreemom.com for the basics. I did a little of my own tweaking. . .
Chocolate fudge oatmeal cookies
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey
- pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Scant 1/4 cup flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, oil, vanilla extract and honey together.
- Whisk in cocoa powder and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in rolled oats and flax seeds until all the oats are coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a small cookie scooper, scoop cookie batter onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until slightly hardened to touch.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.
Sent from my iPad